Wa Agribusiness Park (WAP) is a farming cooperative of international farmers in Wa, Upper West, Ghana. WAP consists of 50.000 ha (approx 120.000 acres) of level arable land. The site is situated between Wa (the capital and largest city of the Upper West region) and the Black Volta River.
WAP offers a turnkey solution to agri-preneurs by providing a range of key amenities and facilities. Apart from its close proximity (30 min.) to Wa and it’s 2 km long airstrip, WAP also has year-round access to fresh water, a stable source of power along with a good telecommunications network.
WAP is being developed in stages in close cooperation with a range of international farmers looking to leverage the opportunities within African agribusiness. The first farming project consists of a stevia plantation. We are currently inviting and evaluating other farming concepts looking to establish within WAP.
About the Park
- 50.000 ha of level arable land.
- All year round access to fresh water from Black Volta River.
- Good logistics and telecommunications network.
- Developed in stages targeting a range of farming concepts.
- Nucleus farm set up.
- 18000 families supported by 6000 direct jobs and 1500 indirect jobs by 2020.
- Clear and extensive ICSR policy in place with impact measured by an impact officer.
To get an impression of the area in which we operate please check this video.
Wa Agribusiness Park is an initiative from Exelenti. Exelenti incubates and accelerates highly effective agri-focussed +Impact Ventures that promise scalable and sustainable development, positive impact, and healthy returns.