Stevia 1931 is a vertically integrated social agricultural biotech company. Stevia 1931 is primarily focused on the industrial scale production of stevia; the all-natural zero-calorie sweetener. Beyond commercial success the company strives to maximise positive and tangible social impact.
- Stevia is up to 300 times sweeter than sugar and of great interest to the food and beverage industry.
- Stevia use does not have the health risks associated with sugar consumption. Demand is driven by increasing consumer awareness and government incentive to fight the obesity epidemic.
- The Stevia market is estimated to represent US$ 565.2 million by 2020, reflecting a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period (2014-2020).
About Stevia 1931
- Founded in April 2013.
- Developing 4000 hectares of farm land in Upper West Ghana.
- Currently experimenting with 5 pre-qualified stevia varieties in association with top-tier scientists.
- Ready to scale up in Q3 2016.
- Post-lab experiments with an innovate extraction technology. Q3 2016 test running and awaiting results.
- Expected ROI in excess of 10+% after year 3.
- Equim valuation in excess of 6m EUR.
- 18000 families supported by 6000 direct jobs and 1500 indirect jobs.
- Clear and extensive ICSR policy in place with impact measured by impact officer using IRIS standards.
- Website stevia1931.com.
- For financial information please contact Rogier Want via +31 6340 391 04 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Project impressions.
Stevia 1931 is an initiative from Exelenti. Exelenti incubates and accelerates highly effective agri-focussed +Impact Ventures that promise scalable and sustainable development, positive impact, and healthy returns.